Friday, September 24, 2010

Blackstone Cabernet Sauvignon 2007



Type: Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2007
Price: 9.99
Price: (Update Dec. 17th) 8.99 (Pick N Save)
Rating: 4 - Would definitely buy again
Where Bought: Otto's Menomonee Falls
Comments: This wine was a surprising delight. We had tried this particular wine in restaurants and enjoyed it, but I didn't have high expectations for the bottled version. As I have stated in previous entries, I have found that wines tend to have a higher premium taste quality at a restaurant establishment rather than at home from a purchased bottle. I wish I knew why...Anyway, regardless, this wine had a very smooth taste, surprising for a Cabernet, which tends to have a stronger, but expected bite to it. I will definitely purchase this wine again, if nothing else, to verify that it wasn't just a chance selection of a "good" bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Dec. 17th - Unfortunately, this purchase was not as highly rated as the intial entry for this wine. For some reason, this bottle tasted "stingy" rather than full bodied or strong. My rating would have to be lowered to a "3 - Will try again" to see what the future of this particular wines brings.

    ReplyDelete