Monday, April 27, 2009

Francis Ford Coppola - Rosso 2006



Type: Rosso (48% Zinfandel, 27% Syrah, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon)
Year: 2006
Rating: 5 - One of my favorites
Price: 7.99
Where Bought: ?
Comment: I'm going to have to keep better track of where I buy the wine. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. Much better than I expected. Although, recently, I tried Coppola's Diamond Collection, also a red, and really liked it as well. I will definitely buy it again. (Update), unfortunately, this wine has been replaced by its successors, the 2007 version and currently the 2009 version, neither of which has beaten this particular year.

2 comments:

  1. Just an Update - I have a second bottle and it was as good as the first. I must remember where I bought this wine, since this bottle cost me $9.49, a little higher than the the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On August 1st 2009, I bought another rosso by Francis Ford Coppola. It cost 9.49 at Scotti's Liquor store on Silver Spring. So maybe the previous one was from the same place ? Anyway, I am consistantly amazed at the smoothness of this wine. Who would have guessed that a movie maker would also create a great wine ! I'm glad I flagged this one as one of ny favorites. I will continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete