Wednesday, February 17, 2010

J Lohr 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon



Type: Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2007
Price: ?
Price: 11.99 (Purchased Sat. June 10th 2010 - Otto's Brown Deer)
12.99 (Purchased Sat. November 13th 2010 - Otto's Brown Deer)
Rating: 5 - One of my favorites
Where Bought: Sendik's Market in Brookfield
Comments: I can't believe that I rated the previous entry of J Lohr's Cabernet at only a four. Maybe the 2006 version of this wine wasn't as good ? Well, I am glad to say that the 2007 is fantastic. This is what I look for in a full bodied wine. Very thick on the palette, with a pleasant aroma. Wow, I am starting to sound like an expert...all kidding aside, this is one of my favorites and will definitely be buying again. Hopefully, we can find the receipt so I can record the price. I would really like to keep an eye on this one as I buy more in the future.

One more interesting item regarding this wine. I believe I may have mentioned it before, but I have found that wines seem to taste better at the restaurant, rather than what I buy and bring home. So, I decided to ask at one of my favorite restaurants whay that is. Their thought was "consistant temperature". However, I keep my wines in the basement, and I believe the temperature is quite consistant. Oh well, maybe that is it. If I ever figure it out, I'll make it a point to record this as an entry on its own. This deserves a stand alone discussion.

1 comment:

  1. Bought this selection of wine again, and yes, it continues to be one of my favorites. Very good full bodied taste and consistant. Which is why it continues to be rated a 5 - will definitely buy again.

    ReplyDelete